Designing education and learning
How can education and learning be designed within the economy and the society? Our work focuses on teaching and learning processes, school and educational management as well as the educational systems.
Our topics encompass strategic educational management, training for teachers and head persons in schools, educational programming and didactics as well as vocational education and educational policy. A close interrelation between research and practical innovation is a key principle underlying our work.
We offer the following services:
- Supplementary course in Business Education. This programme prepares students to works as educational professionals in schools or in corporate contexts.
- Further training for (vocational) teachers and educational professionals in schools, higher education institutions and corporations. Our goal is to professionalize teaching and learning processes as well as educational management.
- Research and evaluation, counseling and design in the fields of educational management, educational policy, school management, higher education and faculty development, business education, generic competencies, self-regulated and technology-enhanced learning, and assessment.
We bundle our resources in the following centres of competence:
- Centre for Didactics in Higher Education
- Centre for the Development of Higher Education Institutions
- Centre for School Management
- Centre for Social Competencies
- swiss centre for innovations in learning (scil)
The institute was founded in 1971 by Prof. Dr. Rolf Dubs. For almost 30 years Dubs was director of the institute together with Prof. Dr. Christoph Metzger. In 2000, Prof. Dr. Dieter Euler was awarded professor for business education and educational management and took over the directorate. From 2009 on, Prof. Euler manages the institute together with Prof. Dr. Sabine Seufert.